Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Men's figure skating is so damn twisted.


As if the Speedy White Comet alone isn't enough to draw the world to men's figure skating, now, I'm finding out that the USA is home to the sassiest of the man-skaters -- Johnny Weir. Here are some sweet excerpts from his journal:

Johnny Weir on free speech: "It's funny to me that in our modern world, when free speech and free thinking is thought to be our savior, we can still be criticized for not thinking like everyone else. We might as well be communist if that's the case."

Johnny Weir on St. Louis: "I arrived in Saint Louis without really knowing where Saint Louis was...I soon found that Saint Louis was like a ghost town."

Johnny Weir on fashion: "...I was wearing a chinchilla scarf that someone thought was a boa. First of all, boas are so out. Secondly, I would never wear a boa to a press conference."

Johnny Weir on narcotics: "Just to set the record straight, I do not condone narcotics and other illegal substances, I am simply a young person who knows the lingo and I joke about them. Well, one little analogy and I'm thrown into a shit storm of people hating on me."

Johnny Weir on the Olympics: "I am worried about the Olympic Village situation because there is always an epidemic of flu or ebola or something horrible and I don't want to get sick and have it hamper my first Olympics."

Words of wisdom, people.

Read more of Johnny's journal @ http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journal.html.

PS - His critics can "eat it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home